Centurions Guild seeks a Development Intern for our Durham, North Carolina office.
Centurions Guild is a small but quickly growing nonprofit organization providing religious education as a framework for congregational enrichment to churches in ministry with soldiers and veterans. Our mission is to share the story of Christian soldiers yesterday, today, and tomorrow in Scripture, Theology, and Ministry. We do so through a variety of programs, resources, and events crafted especially for ordained ministers or lay leaders working alongside current or former service members wrestling with how to serve God and country (in that order).
The Development Intern will work closely with the Executive Officer to manage all aspects of the organization’s finances and development, including earned-income revenue streams using Square and Eventbrite as well as tracking philanthropic giving through the Classy.org fundraising platform and Insightly constituent relationship management software. Ideal candidates will have experience in religious non-profit fundraising and financials, and may already be pursuing a graduate degree in a related field (M.Div, MPA, MSW). This is an unpaid position, but candidates can receive preference for positions at the organization as they open. Particular attention will be given to applicants with experience working with, or preparing to enter, religious organizations and/or military communities. Veterans and military dependents will be especially qualified for this position.
Application Closing Date: Rolling
Internship Start Date: Flexible
Duration: 1 semester initially for students, renewable every six months for all candidates.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week.
- Strong interest in the mission and constituency of Centurions Guild
- Detail-oriented, eager to learn, and able to manage tasks independently.
- Comfortable with taking initiative, working collaboratively within organization and in partnership with third party organizations and venues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Basic experience prospecting, engaging, and following up with individual and institutional donors and foundations.
- Working knowledge of email client Mailchimp.com and donor management platform Kindful.com
- Experience working with, for, or alongside religious institutions and leadership as well as members of the military community. Veterans and military dependents are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Assist in researching applicable grants and other funding opportunities, researching out to and following through with current and prospective individual donors
- Coordinate production and distribution of direct mailings and online campaigns, process donations, and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence with Executive Officer
- Support fundraising event planning by compiling guest lists, gathering registration materials, and updating or correcting database records for donors and volunteers.
- Compile and analyze fiscal data from both earned income revenue and charitable giving streams in order to maintain database and create quarterly reports
- Assist Executive Officer in preparing tax recognition, and tax letter mailings, and other overall tax info for donors.
- Leverage personal and organizational networks to strengthen relationships with existing constituents and increase regional attention to and interest in our mission
- Utilize word of mouth and personal outreach to increase traffic as well as awareness of, and interaction with, Centurions Guild.
- Interns may be assigned additional projects to work on independently.
To apply, please send a Cover Letter and CV/Resume to logan@ CenturionsGuild.org
Applicants will be notified of our decision no later than four weeks from interview, to allow for discussion by the Board of Directors. Internship begins immediately upon acceptance of the position.